Monday, April 28, 2014

Man Falls In Love With A Salad AKA Ramblings Of A Juicing Convert!

I occasionally eat a salad, and I always enjoy it. Salad has always been there for me, bailing me out of feelings of gluttony after, say, binging on Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream.

Boy, how that has changed!

I started on a 10 day juice diet that I learned about from watching "Fat, Sick, And Nearly Dead" on Netflix. Let's just say that I was inspired.

Anyway, I'm FOUR days into it, and let's just say that nature has not taken it's course.

                                       C'mon!

I have magazines to read that are designed (in my mind at least) for reading in that restful place housing the porcelain goddess.  Well, I'll fix that!

Time for some rough·age / ˈrəfij/ - fibrous indigestible material in vegetable foodstuffs that aids the passage of food and waste products through the gut.

Which brings me to my salad - look at this glorious thing!  I don't know if the 4 days of no solid food has driven me to madness, but man o' man, this salad is great! Check it out (actually,  this is a picture of my 3rd bowl)!


Anyway, all that I can say is that everyone should try a juice diet! I actually TASTE everything...The sweetness of onion and bell pepper...I think that my palate is waking up!

I'll never be the same...by the way, as a black man I can confidently and emphatically say that after 4 days,  I'd pull a 'Dani Alves' and eat food thrown at me too - banana, skittles,...whatever.



No comments:

Post a Comment